Fleet driver safety: Monitor key risk metrics and decrease collision rates
There are more distractions on the road than ever. That’s why you need to stay on top of your fleet driver safety behavior.
Did you know?
- A vehicle traveling 45 MPH in a 35 MPH zone is 11 times more likely to get into an accident.
- At least 77% of all traffic accidents are the result of driver error (Hard braking, harsh cornering, speeding).
- According to the FMCSA, the average cost of a “large truck” crash involving a fatality is $3.6 million. A crash with injuries costs almost $200,000 per accident, and the average cost of all large truck crashes is about $91,000 per accident.The average annual insurance premium for large trucks is approximately $18,000.
- Vehicles equipped with GPS tracking and anti-theft devices can reduce insurance premiums by 5-12%.
- Trucks installed with video telematics can reduce claims costs by as much as 80% and reduce collisions by approximately 50%.