Fleet driver safety: Monitor key risk metrics and decrease collision rates
There are more distractions on the road than ever. That’s why you need to stay on top of your fleet driver safety behavior.
Did you know?
- A vehicle traveling 45 MPH in a 35 MPH zone is 11 times more likely to get into an accident.
- At least 77% of all traffic accidents are the result of driver error (Hard braking, harsh cornering, speeding).
- According to the FMCSA, the average cost of a “large truck” crash involving a fatality is $3.6 million. A crash with injuries costs almost $200,000 per accident, and the average cost of all large truck crashes is about $91,000 per accident.The average annual insurance premium for large trucks is approximately $18,000.
- Vehicles equipped with GPS tracking and anti-theft devices can reduce insurance premiums by 5-12%.
- Trucks installed with video telematics can reduce claims costs by as much as 80% and reduce collisions by approximately 50%.
Take fleet driver safety to a new level
Attorneys are digging into driver data like never before. They’re finding plenty of ammunition to build cases against companies with fleets like yours. You may be doing everything right in terms of warnings, reprimands, and corrective safety training. But if you’re not documenting your fleet driver safety programs correctly, attorneys could make you look negligent in court.
Even the most careful paper-based safety training documentation is bound to contain inconsistencies—and attorneys will find them. One little oversight could cost you millions of dollars.
Gridline gives you a clear view of driver behavior with customized reports and real-time notifications. It also helps you document every element of your fleet driver safety programs, so that you don’t have to worry about a missed signature or forgotten piece of paperwork having a huge effect on your bottom line.Back To Top
Enhance driver coaching
When you consistently coach your drivers, you can reduce risk and dramatically increase safety across your fleet. The most effective coaching is a two-way street where drivers are motivated to perform well, rather than simply reprimanded for their mistakes.
Gridline’s driver coaching tools enable you to put your drivers first. By providing your team with relevant information, tools, motivation, and training, you can bring out the best in your drivers and give them the satisfaction of a job done right.Back To Top
Minimize driver distraction
We live in an age of distractions—even on the highways. An increasing number of accidents are caused by distracted driving. That’s why video telematics systems are now more needed than ever.
- Multitasking while driving doubles the risk of collision.
- Taking your eyes off the road for five seconds at 55 miles per hour is like driving the length of a football field while blindfolded.
- Collision risk increases by seven times when a driver reaches for a device and 23 times while a driver is texting.
How can you know when your drivers are distracted? It’s easy with a video telematics system that lets you monitor driver behavior. After reviewing video data on your drivers, you can provide them with coaching that helps prevent risky behavior. In the process, you’ll reduce the risk of crashes and increase your overall fleet driver safety.Back To Top